1. Information Collection and Use
The News Walk collects data in a variety of ways – including through the use of log files, pixel tags, cookies, and/or similar technologies. Examples of the types of data that we collect are:
- Browser information (e.g. URL, browser type, ‘click through’ data);
- Ad reporting or delivery data (e.g. size/type of ad, ad impressions, location/format of ad, data about interactions with the ad);
- Device-type information (e.g. screen dimensions, device brand and model);
- Information about your activities on our website and Services.
We may combine information that does not directly identify an individual with data collected from other sources and disclose the combined information to participating publishers, advertisers and ad networks so that they can determine whether to bid on ad inventory and in order to improve the relevance of the advertising presented to users. We also use the information we collect to host, operate, maintain, secure, and further develop and improve our Services, such as to keep track of advertising delivery and to measure the effectiveness of advertising delivered through our Services, and investigate compliance with The News Walk’s policies and terms and conditions. Some of the third parties that we work with may contribute additional data to us directly, which we may combine with our own in order to help us provide a better service. We do not collect any information that could be used to directly identify an individual.
The News Walk does not engage in activities that require parental notice or consent under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). If you believe that The News Walk has inadvertently collected information from a child under 13 that is subject to parental notice and consent under COPPA, please contact The News Walk using the contact information below to request deletion of the information.
2. Cookies and Other Similar Technologies.
3. Information Sharing
- with your express permission;
- with our affiliates, which include entities controlling, controlled by, or under common control with The News Walk;
- where we contract with third parties to provide certain services, such as advertising, analytics, data management services, web hosting, and web development (“Service Providers”). We ask Service Providers to confirm that their privacy and security practices are consistent with ours, we provide our Service Providers with only the information necessary for them to perform the services we request, and Service Providers are prohibited from using such information for purposes other than as specified by The News Walk;
- in the event that The News Walk is merged, sold, or in the event of a transfer of some or all of our assets (including in bankruptcy), or in the event of another corporate change, we may disclose or transfer information in connection with such transaction; and
- where we believe it is necessary to protect The News Walk or our users; to enforce our terms or the legal rights of The News Walk or others; or to comply with a request from governmental authorities, legal process, or other legal obligations.
We may also share and disclose other information that we collect, including aggregate information, as we consider necessary to develop and provide our Services, including in the ways described above. The information that we share in this way would not be considered to personally identify an individual.
The News Walk may also be required to disclose information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
4. Interest-Based Advertising and Opting Out
The News Walk adheres to the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) Self-Regulatory Principles in the US and to the European Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA) Principles in the EU and the IAB Europe OBA Framework.
5. Opting Out for Cookie-Based Services
If you would like to learn more about this type of advertising, or would prefer to opt out of website interest-based advertising enabled by The News Walk’s Ad Exchange, European Union residents may opt-out of this form of advertising by companies participating in the EDAA at www.youronlinechoices.com and all other users may visit www.aboutads.info/choices to opt out of this form of advertising by companies participating in the DAA self-regulatory program. Please note that in order for your opt-out choice to be effective using this tool, you must ensure that your browser is set to accept third-party cookies such as the The News Walk opt-out cookie. Some browsers block third-party cookies by default, and you may need to change your browser settings to accept third-party cookies before opting out.
6. Opting Out for Certain Non-Cookie Services (in applicable countries)
To help identify your browser and/or possible relationships between different browsers and devices, The News Walk or our partners may use the local storage or cache in your browser. Using the browser cache or local storage helps The News Walk or our partners deliver interest-based advertising to a browser without the use of third-party cookies. We are using local storage only for application processing, not for any tracking processes. To opt out of The News Walk’s use of local storage or the browser cache to provide its services, please (1) use any tools provided by your browser to clear local storage and the browser cache, and (2) turn on any “Do Not Track” header setting offered by your browser. As long as the two steps are completed and maintained on a browser, The News Walk will not use local storage or the cache on that browser to identify and sync browsers and devices. If you also want to opt out of The News Walk’s use of third-party cookies for interest-based advertising as enabled by The News Walk’s Ad Exchange, please see instructions above.
7. Opting Out for Mobile Application Data
8. Opting Out for Location Data
You may opt out of our collection, use, and transfer of precise location data by using the location services controls in your mobile device’s settings.
9. Effect of Opting Out
If you use a different device or browser, or erase cookies from your browser, you will need to renew your opt-out choice.
Even if you opt-out, The News Walk may continue to collect data for other purposes. You still will receive advertising from the The News Walk Ad Exchange when you visit websites of a Publisher who uses our Services – but such advertisements will not be targeted to you.
10. Reviewing and Updating Information
The News Walk takes reasonable steps to ensure that information is accurate, complete, current, and reliable for its intended use. For contact or billing information submitted through our website, you may review, correct, update, or change your information, request that we deactivate your account, or remove your information from our direct marketing efforts, at any time by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. International Information Transfers
Information that we collect is stored using procedures and practices reasonably designed to help protect information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure.
13. Policy Updates
14. Contact Us